On Wednesday 5th of April we held a skipathon to raise money for people in Senga Bay, Malawi. We included this in Our World Irish Aid Awards Project. We skipped throughout the day using different techniques, e.g. running race, front skip, backwards skip, criss cross, long rope, paired, one leg.
· In the run/skip race Moira came 1st, Thomas 2nd and Ròisìn 3rd.
· Robbie was the fastest front skipper with 83 skips in 30 seconds.
· He was also the fastest Criss Cross skipper with 56 in 30 seconds.
· Nora-Kate was the one leg champ with 56 in 30 seconds.
· In the one in the middle category, Ryan came out tops with 55 skips in 30 seconds.
The fastest pair were Thomas & Ryan who achieved 33 in 30 seconds while Rachel was the queen of the backward skip getting 48 in 30 seconds.
Ailbhe and Nora-Kate were the fastest front to front pair with 39 in 30 seconds.
We had a great time doing all the different types of skipping and raised €820.00 We used €600 of this to send a box of Solar Lamps to Senga Bay Primary School, Malawi. We are at present deciding what to do with the remaining funds raise.